Advance Praise for Go Green: How to Build an Earth-Friendly Community
"The key word in this title is 'community'—we need towns and cities efficient enough to slow down global warming and durable enough to ride out what we can't prevent. What a handy guide for getting started!"
- Bill McKibben, author, The Bill McKibben Reader
"The world is a better place because Nancy Taylor is in it. In this much-needed and most welcome book, Taylor provides simple, clear stories about powerful ways we can change our daily lives to leave the world of the future better than that of the past."
- Devra Davis, Ph.D., M.P.H., Director of the Center for Environmental Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute. Author of The Secret History of the War on Cancer
"Global warming is the most urgent challenge facing the inhabitants of Earth today. The solutions are greater energy efficiencies and utilization of clean, renewable energy sources. In Go Green, Nancy Taylor has provided a tremendous public service in offering a highly useful, easy-to-understand menu of choices we can all implement as we take major steps toward combating global warming and leading the way toward a healthy, safe, sustainable future."
- Rocky Anderson, Salt Lake City Mayor
"Stop talking about problems like global warming and start taking actions. Your first step: read this superb guide. Your next step: begin taking steps to reduce your environmental footprint."
- Dan Chiras, green building consultant, public speaker, teacher, and author of numerous books on green building and residential renewable energy, including, The Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy, The New Ecological Home, and The Solar House
"If you've seen the movie, heard the lecture and read all the reasons why you should be scared witless about global warming, here's what you can actually do about it—read Nancy Taylor's book, Go Green. It's short, succinct, well-organized, practical and upbeat."
- Robert Collier, visiting scholar, Center for Environmental Public Policy, University of California at Berkeley
"This is an empowering book, that can make a real difference to your life and your planet. It offers a practical and visionary, effective, detailed and compassionate way to live green"
- Jack Kornfield, founder Spirit Rock Meditation Center, author of "A Path With Heart"